As frustrating, and concerning, as the lack of quality service and representation, by many of those, we elect, to do so, perhaps, even – worse, is the level of empty promises, rhetoric/ vitriol, and hypocrisy, we witness, so often! In my, over four decades, of working on political campaigns, and community involvement, it seems, this has gotten, far – worse, in recent years! While politicians often, use political – spin, and articulate, only, those things, which support their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest, it has gotten, worse, in recent times! In order to justify their positions, many of these individuals, resort to using. false comparisons, which, are not, merely, often – false, but indicate a dangerous level, of distasteful – hypcrisy! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 specific areas, where we have recently seen this.
1. Comparing marches/ protests by White Supremacist groups, with Black Lives Matter (BLM) ones: Many people, seem to attempt to equate. the behavior/ actions, and rights, to protest, between the White Supremacist groups, and those, assembled, in the name of, Black Lives Matter. Most of the ones by the latter, were in reaction, to the many recent occurrences, which demonstrate, systemic racism, still exists, in many areas of life, especially, in the areas of equal justice, while a large percentage of the former ones, appeared to have the intention, to disrupt, threaten, etc! Our Constitution guarantees, our Right to Assemble, and protest, but, only, if done, in a peaceful manner! If, a small minority, and/ or, outside agitators, take advantage of these circumstances, to break the law, by, for example, looting, and/ or, arson, this must not be considered, indicative of the group, and criminal offenders, must be prosecuted. However, when some, use these bad apples, as a justification, for the sedition, and insurrection, which we witnessed, at the Capitol, on January 6th, it is, at – best, a false comparison!
2. What is, true, sexual harassment?: Although, we must, create an atmosphere, where, especially, women, feel, comfortable, reporting harassment, etc, there risks a slim – line, between protecting these individuals, and providing, due process, and fairness, to the accused, as well! How can it be, fair, when/ if, unsubstantiated, unwitnessed, accusations, are widely publicized, before an extensive, thorough, investigation?
3. The problems with political correct (PC): Many of us, are, sick – and – tired, of so much, PC, or so – called, politically – correct, insistence! What happened, to having a sense of humor, and/ or, putting things in context, and false equations, etc?
4. Political spin/ False facts, versus real facts: There is no such thing, as fake facts, and/ or, alternative ones! We are all entitled to our own opinions, but not, our own set of facts! In the past few years, we have witnessed, more abuse of facts/ truth, than, in recent memory!
5. 2nd Amendment: When, many of the same people, who seem, to wish to restrict (and/ or, selectively, enforce), our 1st Amendment, rights, demand their so – called, 2nd Amendment ones, claim, they have an absolute right, to bear arms, it is a convenient interpretation of the Constitution! Since, when this amendment, was created, guns took about 90 seconds, or more, to be re – loaded, and, the intention, of this, was to grant, States, the right, to have their own militias, it seems to be, a stretch, to claim, assault weapons, are covered, or, that, licensing, and other, common sense, gun safety, measures, violate their freedoms, isn’t that, at – best, hypocrisy?
Wake up, America, and demand an end, of this dangerous rhetoric, vitriol, and hypocrisy! We must do so, before, it’s too late!
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe