If the irresponsible behavior, and lack of necessary actions, was their only offense, although, it would be annoying, frustrating, and hypocritical, perhaps, even – worse, these individuals, who are elected, supposedly, to serve and represent us (and our best – interests), consistently, make matters worse, by their harmful approaches, etc! In the past few years, we have seen, far – too – many, examples, of this irresponsible behaviors, and partisan politics, which are, generally, against the best interests of our nation, citizens, and the health, and well – being, of this planet. With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 examples, and why, they are (or, should be), reasons/ cause, for concern.
1. Take credit for benefits, although they opposed (voted against; minimized, etc) it: Recently, we have witnessed, certain, Republican Congressional Representatives, who, have used, political – spin, and empty rhetoric, to claim, to their constituents, they helped, bring – about, the positive results, created by the recently – passed (strictly, along Party lines), stimulus plan! They have had the audacity, to proclaim, in Congress, they opposed it, because of the deficit, while, for the past – four years, seemed to have, little issue, with this, especially, when it came to passing the 2017 Tax Reform legislation, which, predominantly, helped the wealthiest Americans, and largest corporations!
2. Claim credit for others’ past efforts: How many times, have we observed, the past President, attempt to take credit, for popular programs, accomplished by his predecessors? He always claimed, everything good, was because of him, while anything, which wasn’t popular, wasn’t his responsibility, resorting, to complaining, and blaming, when viable solutions, were needed!
3. Changing positions on deficits/ spending: How absurd, is it, when the same elected officials, who, supported spending, and seemed, unconcerned, with deficits, when Trump was President, make it an issue, now, when a Democrat, is at the helm?
4. Blame, complain, and accuse others, while accepting no personal responsibility, nor seeming to have a plan!: Politics – is – politics, but that doesn’t excuse, the irresponsible behavior, especially, during hard – times, such as this past year (largely, due to the horrific pandemic)! Former President Trump’s lack – of – leadership, first – denying it, then, minimizing its risks, and, never, truly, creating a well – considered, viable solution, probably cost thousands of lives, and far – worse, ramifications, but, his version of alternative reality/ facts, proclaimed, he was a great leader, etc!
5. Hold political opponents to one – standard, but themselves, and their allies, to a far – different one!: Isn’t it about time, we demanded, politicians, tell us, what they propose, and, why, instead of resorting to, blaming others, and making accusations? Isn’t this an example of, potentially, harmful, hypocritical, political spin?
Many complain about the lack of results, and accomplishments, from our political system, and so – called, leaders! Wake up, America, and demand, more responsive, responsible, relevant, representation!
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe