From time, to time, each of us, faces something, and/ or, someone, which makes us afraid, fearful, and/ or, overly – stressed! However, the difference, between, overall happiness, satisfaction, and controlling these feelings, and letting them, control you, is, often, what you do, how you proceed, your attitude and mindset, and whether you are ready, willing, and able, to, proactively, handle and confront your fears! Nobel Prize Winner, Dr. Hans Selye, extensively studied, the impact, of how we handle stress, and whether, we transform stresses, to what he referred to, as, eustress, or positive, productive, steps, and learning, because of these. With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, this component of our lives, and how, to proceed, forward, most effectively.
1. Obstacles – Problems versus challenges: When faced with an obstacle, do you perceive it, as a problem, or a challenge? The difference is far more than a semantic – one, but, often, differentiates, between, our willingness, to use it, proactively, and proceed, forward, or let it debilitate, and control us! Consider, how you perceive problems, and its effect, on your mindset, as compared to adapting to perceived – challenges! Most of us, avoid what we consider, a problem, while a challenge, often, conjures – up, something to overcome, and be challenged by. Think about this, from the perspective of our greatest athletes, and why, most, want to take, the so – called, last shot!
2. Proactive versus procrastinate: When we handle a fear, proactively, our ability to control it, becomes best! On the other hand, if/ when, we procrastinate, these delays, often, make things far worse, because, left – unattended, usually become, far – worse!
3. Comfort zone – restrict, versus, expand: Will you be restricted, and limited by, the self – imposed, restrictions of, your comfort zone? Or, are you ready, to pursue the path, far – less, taken, and proactively, expand these limitations, and do, what’s needed, in a well – considered, timely manner?
4. Attitude – positive, versus negative: If/ when, one proceeds, consistently, with a well – considered, realistic, positive, can – do, attitude, rather than a negative one, we consider taking actions, which, often/ generally, benefit us!
5. Goals – priorities, perceptions, self – confidence, self – help: Always, consider the quality, and reasons, for your personal goals! How will you focus on your priorities, and create perceptions, which have an inspiring, side – effect, and emphasis? Will you try to maximize your self – confidence, focused on maximizing, self – help?
It’s up, to you, whether, fears debilitate, and limit you, or, you use the lessons, learned, to become better, and stronger, into the future! Which path, will you choose?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe